Auto Tranny ?

Thanks for info on fuse guys. My AC clutch is bad..... Im going to change fluid and filter in tranny how can I get all the fluid out of converter? Also is there anything that I should change while I have the pan off sensors ect... last ? adj of bands has anyone done this and how hard is it?

Reply to
98pit

Unless the fluid is dirty or there is lots of junk in the bottom of the pan, you don't really need to get all the fluid out of the converter. Just change it, and continue the recommended change interval. If the fluid is real dirty, then the best recommendation is to disassemble the transmission and replace the torque converter, heh, heh. You may get some additional miles out of it, if you change the fluid, drive the vehicle, and repeat until the fluid is clean. Fluid that is discolored but does not smell burnt is not necessarily dirty.

Good luck,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

The only way to get all the fluid out of an auto tranny is to drain the torque converter. That can be done by either taking the thing out or installing a drain plug. Long story short, if it's just a routine change then you are fine with simply doing a filter and fill. If you want to, get one of those suction pumps and drain the transmission through the fill tube, then refill a couple of times over a few months. It's either that or take it to a dealer that can do a trans flush. That is where they hook up to the cooler lines and slowly flush/filter/flush/filter.

The only reason to go after all the fluid is contamination or burned fluid.

Reply to
DougW