Focus seat belt is locked

My daughter has a 2004 Focus. She was in a minor accident and rear ended a pickup truck at a very low speed. The only damage to her car was a slightly dented hood, which is not visible unless you are less
than 6 inches away. The problem is that the air bag light is on and she cannot retract her seat belt. Is there a way to release the locking mechanism or is it part of the air bag system? Thanks, Richard

Try here: http://www.ffoc.co.uk/forum/index.php
This is a focus forum,you have to register,but it is free. Loads of info about focus's.
John
Whether or not there was an airbag deployment, there is more going on than just releasing the seat belt; you need to have the airbag system diagnosed to see what needs repaired. I would recommend a Ford dealership for this; it is either going to fall under a warranty repair or an insurance claim.