Ford C4 not shifting

Help. My bro and I have a 76 Torino which will not upshift. We have got 1st and reverse but nothing else. The box has had a new modulator and vacuum line also we have checked out the governor, band servos,
etc. Have changed fluid and pickup filter. Box is nice and clean inside with no debris. Thought it might be a stuck valve in the valvebody. Any ideas would be welcome, thanks.
--
This article was posted by author's request
by http://www.AutoForumz.com /. Report abuse:

Drop the valvebody,
Disassemble it, and work the spool valves by hand. If any fail to snap back to place / budge from their current spot, take that valve out ,clean the hell out of it, and reinstall it.
It definitely sounds like either stuck/dirty valves, or a failed valvebody gasket, or worst of all, a cracked tranny case.
-LMB
well I think you've narrowed it down pretty good....sounds like valve body to me...but i'll let Transurgeon tackle this one.....it's a weak spot with me...

How did you check the governor? When you changed the modulator did you make sure the valve moves? Have you checked line presure?