Ford Cougar

Why does my 2000 2.5 v6 ford cougars engine cut out when the fan comes on???
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.ford /
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

I would guess you have an electrical problem. Starting a motor can cause a significant power draw. I would suspect you are dropping the main system voltage excessively. I'd suggest checking your battery connections, and grounds.
Ed

or he is noticeing the idle drag when the ac kicks in on defrost mode, which also happens to be when the fan would kick on. Idle compensator is maby not working correctly. KB
--
THUNDERSNAKE #9

Protect your rights or "Lose" them
Kevin wrote:

or the may have a severe overheating problem.