Ford Cougar

Why does my 2000 2.5 v6 ford cougars engine cut out when the fan comes on???

-- Message posted using

information at

peanut32

I would guess you have an electrical problem. Starting a motor can cause a significant power draw. I would suspect you are dropping the main system voltage excessively. I'd suggest checking your battery connections, and grounds.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

"Ed White" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

or he is noticeing the idle drag when the ac kicks in on defrost mode, which also happens to be when the fan would kick on. Idle compensator is maby not working correctly. KB

Reply to
Kevin

or the may have a severe overheating problem.

Reply to
Al