Ford Ranger Oil Pressure Gauge - Sludge?

Page 2 of 2
Whitelightning wrote:

Now you tell me. Thanks! My Autozone had kids working there, so I'll have to interrogate them now, I suppose.

It's making plenty of noises, but when you rev it up, it's fairly smooth.
I also hit a local Farm and Fleet too, and saw the Marvel stuff. I hear it's good for outboards too. The truck owner already got a bottle of Gunk, but that stuff scares me. When I'm ready for the heavy oil I'll definitely do a light flush. I know I basically ruined an old Ford Fairmont doing a full on engine flush once. I've always been stuck with 20 year old Fords. I remember an old Ford engineer used to say to me, for god's sake, don't change the oil! In those days, it seemed like that crap was the only thing holding the engine together. I want cryogenic fuel cells, but for now all I've got is old Fords.

Thanks!
If adding a little ATF before oil changes doesn't do it the engine has to come out and at least largely apart.