Ford to debut safer 2010 Ranger

Page 2 of 2
Jack wrote:

The bigger question is, why would anybody make a 4 cyl mustang ;P

Apparently, lots of folks wanted a four-cylinder Mustang. But, please, when buying a four-cylinder Mustang, one should expect nothing more than ... well, a four-cylinder Mustang. If I'm not mistaken, Picasso's underpowered 1989 model probably had the same four cylinders that powered the Escort, but in a bulkier, heavier body.
I bought my daughter a 1988 convertible, four-cylinder/stick, and I bought it precisely because I knew it didn't have the power to get her into trouble. Little did I know that that little pig was going to become my spare. I sold it off for the first $1,000 that came my way and bought myself a '93 GT convertible to take its place.
I can't tell you how many people have talked to me about "the car that got away," the one they still wish they had. I don't have that problem, since I've owned a series of disappointments up to 1993.
dwight www.tfrog.com
dwight wrote:

oh there is not enough power to get you in trouble thats for sure.
And nothing to rave about on fuel economy either... I should have kept the 1985 crown vic with the 302... it was delivering comparable city mileage and better highway mileage than the rustang...
Oh yes, mine had the notorious rusty trunk lid ;)
But the 1984 mustang GT would be my car that got away...
dwight wrote:

haha, I don't blame ford for that one ;P i only kept that one summer and a month in to the school year... it was cool to have a car... but as soon as any one got close to the mustang and saw the 4 banger the coolness went away... ;P
The crown vic 2 door was a real machine though... grey, black vinyl top, with the spoke hubcaps... MAN :P

My first Crown was 1956. Had a big, wide chrome strip that ran up over the top. Had a 292 (IIRC) been too many years. Then I defected to MOPAR until the USAF sent me to Germany and England for a spell. Then it was a 1978 F150 with a 429PI to replace the 400. Now a 1994 F250 7.3L IDI Diesel and a 2004 F350 6.0L Diesel. The only complaint I had with Ford was the Cortina I had while in England. I spent more time under it than in it...
DaveD
Dave D wrote:

I will look up the European model.
I actually have a 1956 ford mainline that was inherited.
272 3 speed column shift. All original now, needs a bit of interior work... as its coming apart at the seams...
nice driving car though.
One needs to pity the import buyers who come into domestic NG to try to convince themself that they did not get screwed, when the paid 20% to 30% more to drive home an import that they now realize it is no better than the domestic they could have driven home for less.
Although they like to comment on new vehicles, the truth is they are more likely to be used vehicle buyers, in any event. LOL

sounds like what is already in the Escape.