Hard to start at 32F

Hi,
Hope someone here had the same problem and maybe help me find the trouble.
My windstar 95 3.8L, have a hard time to start when the outside temperature
reaches 32F (0C).
It looks as if the gas\air mixture isn't OK, I have the codes read, and there were none.
When driving, around 30m/h (50Km), and putting the throttle to the floor, the engine won't take it, and hesitate.
The plugs and wires are brand new.
Thanks.

Fuel Filter???

Or a dirty mass air flow sensor? Bob
Does it start faster when you pump the pedal a few?
I haven't try that

Yves opined in
SO...DID YOU EVER TRY IT?!!!!
Why do I get this deja-vu EVERYTIME.
1. The maf has next to NO effect on starting the car..plugged or unplugged, if it RUNS better unplugged, it's either dirty or bad.
2. IF the car starts better while pumping the accel, it means it's trying to start with too little gas, but there is gas available
could be an air leak after the throttle body (check vacuum lines), bad TPS, stuck IAC or a flaky ECT sensor (unlikely)
I tried, this morning, to pump the pedal once to the floor, and it was -6C, and the engine started easily, I'll try again tomorrow, to make sure today wasn't only luck!
Then I'll check my vacuum lines.
How do I check the TPS, if the mechanics didn't find any codes.
is the IAC hard to reach, what is ECT?
Thanks.,

unplugged,
TPS,
yves opined in

Okay... if you pump while cranking, the computer will feed MORE gas than normal.
If you push to the floor and HOLD IT there, the computer will feed LESS gas than normal.
The reason for this is that is how carburetors work and it's quite handy to know.
As for the terms, I just posted a glossary of EFI terms and a lot of other people helped out.
I suggest you get a Haynes or Chiltons book... you can find the locations of these at www.autozone.com component locater in the repair section
Before reading your post, I did the same this morning, with less chance, before cranking I put the pedal to the floor and release, then crank... did not start easily.
Had to crank a few times.
Could this problem be related to the other problem I have with the van, lack of power, when I put the pedal to the floor, the engine simply doesn't "take" the gas,
Thanks for your help.

Yves opined in

Yes it could
Hum,
How can I clean (with what) a MAF sensor, without damaging it, it's a 250.00 sensor.
(it's allready been changed)!
But the symtoms I was having was rough Idling, but now the engine only misses randomly.

floor,
I unpluged the MAF, and got the same results...
Does that mean something...

floor,
The fuel filter was changed last spring (after suspecting it was the problem!)

trouble.
floor,
Check the idle air control valve

and