Heat does not work

For the last two winters in a row my heat has not worked it comes out just barely warmer than the outside temperature. I have gotten my heating core flushed out by a local radiator company, and it has slightly improved the temperature outbput, but it has never gotten back to what it was years ago. They tell me that there is some sort of junk in the radiator core, but I dont know what. I do have one of those engine block warmers (where you plug an electrical cable into the car), but never use it.

Can anyone figure out why this is happening?

Reply to
jhu2005

This?

I'm just guessing you have a Ford, and I'm guessing it's a Taurus or Sable... I could keep guessing...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

its a 1998 Ford Taurus SE, my bad

Reply to
jhu2005

Then this is likely the problem:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Thanks, any idea how much this would cost to replace, parts & labor?

Reply to
jhu2005