Holleys

Anyone have any experience with Holley carbs and their power valves? I've blown a new one (6 weeks old) and some say these things go regularly? Anyone run a 4160 (or 4150) and have the power valve not blow? Should I keep a few in the glovebox just in case?

I'd appreciate any expert opinion.

Thanks!

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia

Ol' Duffer

Check a good parts store with a parts man familiar with Holley. They have a power valve and a kit to help prevent blowouts. The only cure for this is Carter or Edelbrock. They also have tradeoffs.

Reply to
lugnut

The problem I used to have with 4150's was with the metering plate gaskets that would eventually swell and cause problems. Perhaps they are made from a more impervious material now. They other problem people frequently encounter when messing with these is not torqueing the fuel bowl screws tight enough; use a big screwdriver and crank hard.

I never had a power valve failure, but never had a wild engine either.

-jk

Reply to
jk

Thanks all. I appreciate the advice and information! (Love this group.)

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia