I'm angry at Ford!

Page 3 of 5
My do you have a thin skin or what? How was that abrasive? It appears as if I hit the nail on the head, unless some body ass-kisses in perfect agreement you
fly off. I knew you had very little amount of experience, you only acknowledged that when corned. You are caught so now your pissed off.

you
us
Look, jimmyz is a bigshot, one of his parent companies owns several junk yards! wow, Jim. And you aren't giving anyone any deals for parts here? And why you on AOL if your a bigshot! figure you would be on DSL or something better!
Search Result 4 From: Jimz466 ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) Subject: Re: Question on Ignition Module. View: Complete Thread (12 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang Date: 2001-03-02 22:48:05 PST
For 50 bucks, I'll go to some of the salvage yards owned by my parent company and get you an ignition module (or 2) if you want.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

would
cost for

broken
tho.
Show
Jimz466 wrote:

And it's pretty cheap to get the 60K warranty boosted to 100K on a Kia or Hyundai. Smart money is on the 100K/100K option, IMO.

See if you can get the comprehensive warranty increased as it is still under the main one. If it's only $1500 or so, it's likely a good deal to get another couple of years out of the vehicle.
That's all pretty funny, but you're mistaken. Please cut and paste any flames I've posted, as I'd be interested in seeing them. If it really matters, I have a cable modem. Some people are fortunate enough to have it easily available. As I said. I visit and lurk to learn. Never said I was an expert. Said I used to do some side work. Is there a problem with that?. Show me any response I've ever made to a question that was insulting. Every response I've read from TM is abrasive. Including his first post as a reply about the transmission proble the guy had. Try reading it. I suppose I can go back and quote some of TMs responses.
BOB URZ wrote:

But, if you have the time to have it in the shop once every couple of months for those small things, they will all be fixed.
Much better than the typical 6-7 year old domestic interior that you just suffer with as it crumbles around you.

Fe.
and how

with
My interior is 13 years old ( 1991 car ) and is show room condition. It is a Ford product, explain that. The car is over 200k miles all original ( except for wear items brakes and such ), explain that. It's never been in the shop, explain that.

Thomas Moats,
Do you ever respond without purposely trying to aggravate people?
It's just a question. What I have stated is true. How is my car so different? BTW, I did not buy it "new", it was a 4k old demo. So explain why are you aggravated; because some one has posed something opposite to you?

I see I'm correct.

except

You were simply lucky?
Rick
Not quite.

I concur. Keep knocking on wood though.
--
Team EuroMeko

Ford interiors are ugly, but they hold up pretty well at least in comparison to the Chryslers and GMs I've had. Both have gotten a lot better in recent years, though.
Jimz466 wrote:

"American" more and more isn't. Where it is made is where most of the money stays. Also, due to outsourcing, if the components are assembled in the U.S., it counts as a "Domestic" component/part towards the parts percentage. Some cars have very high - well over 50% foriegn parts if you backtrack the entire supply chain.
Also - Ford's mandated 5% cost redustion per year is insanity. It will mean poorer and poorer cars that just net Ford more money - because it's not like they would ever *lower* the price on their cars.
GM - their plans to make Cadillacs in China and ship them over here pretty much does it got me as well.

Gee, I didn't know about this. You know, when I first climbed into my (02) Focus, I was comparing it with early 90s cars, and I thought "Hey, someone's been doing a lot of cost-reduction on this vehicle". The sheetmetal is the main thing I noticed, it's not much thicker than aluminum foil. I guess every year the outer body engineers shave a couple of mils off every thickness, claim a 1% materials cost and 0.5% shipping cost reduction (plus a gas mileage increase) and go on vacation with their performance bonus.
That is, if tech-slaves working in India and China actually GET a performance bonus.
You really should not take about things you know little to nothing about. Do some research on modern metallurgy.

Thomas Moats,
Although the message I'm responding to wasn't meant for me, it's always interesting to see one of you sandpaper comments. So the answer to my previous question is==>No, I guess you don't. How much research have you done in modern metallurgy? Excuse my lack of memory, but aren't you a 30+year experience mechanic? 30+ years experience in metallurgy also? Modern metallurgy is a mighty big subject, but I wouldn't know anything about it, working in a steel mill and all.
No I have no metallurgy experience. But it does not take a PHD to understand that today's metal in the skin of cars is very different from that used 10 years ago. Hell, even T.V. shows have shown how modern sheet metal is different from that used in cars just a few years ago. Now, you say you work in a mill, are you a metallurgist? I'm willing to bet you are not. There are a lot of jobs in a mill.

Thomas Moats wrote:

I don't need to, in order to put the palm of my hand on a piece of sheetmetal and see how much force is required to bend it. A simple tap with a fingernail will tell one a lot about the thickness of it, too. I venture that the average fifth-grader could take my car and my wife's car and tell which one has thicker body panels without requiring any tools or disassembly.
I guess you're terribly insecure about something, to make such a pointless and acidic comment. *shrug*
Modern sheet metal used in the skins of cars is thinner, and stronger. Do some research.