?? IAC From another post??

Hi All,
Below is the same response I have received from a couple of people answering a question I had, but I cannot find nor do I know what an IAC is?
I have a friend that has a 1996 Ford Mustang GT, with a 4.6 ltr 5 speed tranny. When he starts the car, all the electrical works normal, and the car turns over as normal; the problem he is having is the car sounds like it is not getting any gas at idle. However, if he runs the RPM's up to about 1000 it runs great and will stay running great at that RPM or higher. When he allows the RPM's to return to a normal idle the car starts to spit and sputter and will stall.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.. John San Diego (CA)
This also happened to me and it was the dreaded IAC idle control it was stuck get it checked .
The IAC is a tubular shapped device attached to the intake manifold by two bolts. There is an electrical connetor on one end. See:
http://www.motor.com/MAGAZINE/Articles/091998_09.html http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl165f.htm http://autorepair.about.com/library/glossary/bldef-333.htm http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadidW28
Ed
John wrote:

i had a similiar problem, pulled the IAC and cleaned it with intake/throttle cleaner, so far so good.

IAC stands for: Idle Air Control -Danny