identifing Engines in trasit vans (UK)

Hi, Just wondering if there is anyway of identifying the engine size, I have a reg diesel transit van to service, it came from one of our sister companies
and hasn't been serviced for 18 months. I had a quick look the other day so I could order the bits, I took a guess that it's a 2.5cc, the fuel filter had a electrical connector attached to the bottom of it, but the filter that was sent doesn't have this connector attachment on it, obviously I rang the motor factors and they said there isn't a such connector on these engines which got me thinking. Anyway any suggestion will be appreciated.
Bill
the electrical unit at the bottom of the fuel filter is designed to measure water in the diesel filter and doesnt come with a new filter, it unscrews from the old filter and screws into the new one...its probably a 2.5 ltr as this was the most common engine size for transits. if you look closely it should be stamped into the engine block...

companies
so
that
the
Thanks Steve - I'm not really a diesel man - but I was asked could I do this service and before thinking I said yes - I've done little bits on diesels but it was a couple of years ago. Do these filters just screw off? - I had a quick look the other day and the filter didn't seem to have anything holding it on, so I assumed it was just like the oil filter (screw on/off) The motor factor sent me two sizes of filter - I didn't think to look to see if they are screw-ons
Bill

day
filter
engines

this
had
see
there are 2 types....one of them screw on just like an oil filter, the other type is held in place by a black plastic device at the top of the filter which goes all around the top of the filter, this should be turned anticlockwise using firm hand force about 180 degrees then the filter will fall out, however this type can leak if not fitted correctly, ensure you fill the new filter with diesel before fitting otherwise it will take ages to start....there is no manual pump or bleeding device on transits so it may take a few starts before it self bleeds itself....

I do

diesels
off? - I

anything
on/off)
look to

That will be a Delphi or clone. Possibly a Bosch on older vehicles.
the other

filter
This is a Stanadyne filter.

degrees
fitted
Don't they all!
Huw

I think he means compared to the screw on type.
Bill>