Is the Fusion Worth it?

Is the Fusion really worth it? I would like one with the 4 cyl manual 5 speed transmission.
I hear it's got all independent suspension with a double wishbone front
suspension.
Is the Fusion a good car or not? Are they reliable? Do they really corner great? sway bar front and back?
I wonder if ford sells the fusion anywhere else or if it's only a car destined for the American market.
East-

It's a good car, according to most reviews. Really cool, IMHO. It's too early to tell how reliable they are. The V6 is the Duratec from the Taurus with some valve timing changes from Mazda, so it should be reliable. I think they will corner really well. They do have anti-sway bars front and back. (They're not sway bars - that would be conter productive. ;-) ).

The Fusion is available in other coutnries. That doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of differences, like in the suspension. The Mondeo and Contour were similar cars, but Ford detuned teh suspension and had a different choice of engines than in Europe.
Thre front end has a different look in England. In addition, it is a hatchback there.
You're going to get some opinions here. You can also get more opinions by searching google for ford fusion reviews and more info at www.ford.com.
Jeff

Why not go drive and price one, than decide for yourself?
mike

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ride and the i4 has enough power for me.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If it floats your boat, and fits you nice, buy it.
As a 50 year vet of the man v car wars, I can vouch that most cars 'learn' to reflect your attitude toward them.
My TBirds are like hound dogs...I abuse the hell out of them, but I always appreciate what they do for me.
As a result they rarely let me down, and when they do, they let me down gentle... like picking the driveway to fail instead of 100 miles from home.
Besides... if everyone based their buying decisions on cold, hard factoids and absolute 'need', we would still be driving something like a 48 Packard or a Citroen 3CV
you pay..DEAL with it!
Wasn't it the 2CV?
mike

I loved those old Packards.. that 356 cube straight eight used to effortlessly climb the hills to and from New York City via Route 22. Thinking back, I don't remember the Packard name on the outside of the car.
Bill
I have test driven this car. I am not sure how much I liked this car. It was silver, 5 speed manual with 4 cyl.
On the scale from 1 to 10 I would give it an 8.
What I loved about the car was that it had front wishbone suspension which I don't know why Ford used since it costs more. It's also good on gas. It's good good exterior styling. The car seemed to corner rather well.
What I hated about the car was the instrument cluster. Ford should have used white faced gauges which are sportier and easier to read. Ford used them before on their Explorer sport tracs, I don't know why they don't use it now. Also the look of it's 4 cyl engine makes me think old technology. It is to my understanding that the engine isn't VVT. Some stuff about the engine looked afterthought. The way it's got electrical stuff all over the place like spagetti.
Now I don't really like Toyota but Toyota makes the most bulletproof 4 cyl to date for its new Camrys. Can you imagine a 4 cyl using a lifetime serpentine belt that is so thick it looks like it came off of a big Diesel V10 pickup truck. If you look at the exhaust manifold and where it attaches to a huge recieiver on the start of the tailpipe!!! Yes, Toyota seems to make the best 4 cyl to date. If you haven't seen this 4 cyl in their new Camrys I would suggest you go take a look soon. It's worth it to just show up at a car show or dealer and just pop the hood.
Such as it is, Ford still makes the better V6 and V8s while Toyota makes better I4s. Toyota should leave the V6 up to the domestics. Toyota can't make a large displacement engine that won't gell up and die of said defects. They have all sorts of issues on their V6's where there is engine hesitation even on the Lexus line. To date there is no repair. Its a design fault.
East-
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Take a look under the hood of a Mazda3 2.3. Variable intake, variable valve timing, stainless steel exhaust manifold, exhaust toward the rear (where it ought to be). Toyota hasn't much on anyone anymore. As long as they can spin their name, they'll collect but eventually, consumers will catch on.