Lambo Doors?

I have hadlambo doors on my car they were there when i bought it at the time i thought it was cool!! Big mistke they are a pain. Does anyone know if i can have them converted back to normal doors???? Thanks

-- Message posted using

information at

peanut32

Depends on how much chopping and cutting they did to convert the doors over from conventional hinges to swing-forward, you would need someone at a body shop to have to look.

But more than likely it's going to be rather expensive putting it back to stock, because they probably had to chop up the leading edge of the door and the A-pillar to mount the totally different hinge system. And they would need to modify the door latch system extensively too.

You might have to buy new complete doors, new door hinges, and if the door pillars were all hacked up you may have to buy collision repair pieces and rebuild them to stock condition. Then you have to get the hinges all aligned again, and rebuild the old latch post system...

-->--

Posted on good old Usenet news:alt.autos.ford , not a web portal. No advertising added. ;-)

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

If it's a Focus I don't think any cutting or bending of body panels was needed to install the Lambo type hardware. Only the addition of wire to the harness.

Reply to
Robert Sveinson