Doors?

Have a '92 Passat GL - the engine and trans are fine and so is the body (in spite of Minnesota winters...), except for the front doors. My daughter had the car down in Chicago for about 2 years and when she brought it back there was rust in the lower edges of the doors from scraping on curbs. Anyone have any idea if it is more cost effective to try to find two non-rusty front doors or take my chances with getting the original ones fixed?

Ed

Reply to
Edvardo

I would expect those doors you want are going to be mighty expensive. I suggest having the ones you have cleaned up. If as you suggest they are structurally sound, that would make the most sense and cents.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Are the doors just scratched on the bottom, or have they rusted through or badly corroded? If the latter, it is likely that serious corrosion exists not only on the doors, but other areas of the car as well.

However, if they are only scratched and/or just have surface rust, have them cleaned up and then re-painted. You would have to do that anyway if you purchased other doors, since the paint (even the same color) will not be a good match.

Reply to
Papa