Looking for a mid-size domestic car recommendation

Page 12 of 16
Phillip Schmid wrote:

there was a local lawyer who feel into the shark infested waters while fishing..... news reports say that no sharks were injured in this mishap.
When I worked for Kodak in Rochester, NY some entrances had heated sidewalks.

it.
figure
on

I know that there used to be a place downtown here where they had awnings over the sidewalk and they'd blow warm air down. I THINK it was the natural gas company or maybe the electric company.
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:37:29 GMT, "Art"

You sure that's not remnants of 3 mile island continuing to do good work?
(Hmm it's got a glow in the dark coating AND snow doesn't stick! )
I'm waiting to hear of the first case were some shark sues an individual on behalf of another because he did NOT sue the guy that ran into the back of his car at a traffic light... Think of the mental anguish he would suffer waiting for the guy he hit to start litigation. "Were you NOT sued by the other person involved in you recant auto accident? Call the lawyers at Dewy Cheatem and Howe. The call is free and you pay nothing until we collect the money you deserve." LOL
mike hunt
Philip Schmid wrote:

LOL, the worst part is I can see that happening too.

it.
figure
on
That was kind of my point. The response to there being too many lawsuits and such being that McDonalds would still be serving hot coffee just begs the question that if its ok to sue a company for having hot coffee then we might as well go all the way and sue every homeowner that has coffee that someone might deem too hot and we might spill on ourselves. Just the whole ridiculous loop of stupidity it would create. But I agree, throw people in jail for wasting the taxpayers money for frivolous lawsuits.

Better yet, throw the head of McDonalds in jail for endangering the public. Now THAT would get their attention!
--
BT

Why, the public chooses to go to McDs. They can choose to not go there. I'm reminded of the case where the 2 obese kids sued McDs for making them that way and the judge pretty much said they had a choice and they continued to eat there and that their lifestyle contributed to it.
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:58:45 -0500, "Phillip Schmid"

I guess that "supersize me" is their life story eh? ;-)

Lawsuits like that are so frivolous....I really hope that someone does something to end them.
It's no one's fault but your own if you eat until you get sick and find yourself overweight.
I don't believe the workers in McDonald's restaurants are unionized. ;)
mike hunt
Bill Turner wrote:
<snip>

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:03:49 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Does a worker have to belong to a union to be dissatisfied with the safety of his product? Did any worker at McDonalds ever raise the question of possible injury because the coffee was too hot? Or did they just go with the flow because they were afraid to rock the boat?
--
BT

Then why did you say:

mike hunt
Bill Turner wrote:

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:16:41 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Why would I "not" say that? Talking to you is like shouting at a mirror, kind of. Stuff comes back to me, but different.
--
BT

Bill Turner wrote:

Typical nanny government mentality. McDonalds didn't burn anyone. The people that spilled hot coffee on themselves burned someone. Now if a McDonalds counter persone spilled coffee on you and burned you, then maybe you could rightfully claim that McDonalds burned you.

Except that asbestos was considered safe for many years. I assum the Corning reference is actually meant to be Dow Corning and, in that case, silicone implants have still not been indicated as unsafe in the MANY studies done since the initial suits were filed.
Matt

Typical airhead thinking. I suppose if McDonalds handed you a jar of nitroglycerine and said "have a nice day", it would be your fault what happened next? Different only in degree, not in kind.
I'm sure you'll laugh and think "what an idiot", but pause and think about the concept. The company is putting a product into the hands of the public which can cause moderate to serious injury, without a warning or caution of any kind. Lawsuit city, well deserved.
--
BT

Bill Turner wrote:

You're making things way too easy for your critics. If I indeed ordered a jar of nitrogylcerine without knowing how to handle it, that would be my fault not McD's.

You saved us the trouble.

If that's the case, then it should legally be required to take an IQ test before you are allowed to order a cup of hot coffee to go (back to the nanny state to protect - literally - idiots from themselves). But you'd think that if someone could own a license and drive a car to the drive thru that they would have the IQ necessary to know that hot things are, umm, hot, and that hot things will, umm, burn you if you spill them on you without you having to be told same.

Umm, coffee is supposed to be, umm, hot, not umm, dangerous. It should not, umm, send you to the umm, hospital if you umm, spill some.
As umm, dumb as they were, McDonalds now umm, gets it. Why don't umm, you?
--
BT

So you are you that guy that started litigation with McDonald's for being the cause of your obesity. LOL
mike hunt