New car recommendation

Current vehicle is Vectra 2.0 DTi Club which is the subject of discussions in another threads.

I'm looking to replace it with something of similar size & style (i.e. hatch or estate) but better reliability. Not new - probably about £6k available to spend.

When bought this Vectra was relatively low mileage and at a commensurate premium price. But:

A/C needed new radiator - leaking through puncture from stone.

A/C needs refilling every year in common with the Vauxhall Corsa owned by my wife. (So not keen on Vauxhalls!)

Heater fan motor bearing rusted up and horribly noisy - needed complete motor assembly replacement.

MAP sensor failed.

Won't start if parked nose-up for a couple of days - never have found the air leak in the fuel system despite extensive investigation.

Now it suffers an intermittent starting problem.

Local dealer has Skoda Octavia and several Audi A4 available - how would reliability compare?

Ideas?

TIA

Reply to
Graham J

Avoid the 2007-2009 VAG 2.0tdi with the oil pump drive issues. Find a 1.9 if you want a VAG car. Almost unbreakable.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim

Tim

So what's the problem with it?

Reply to
Graham J

Sprocket on oil pump / balance gears wears (made of tin) , chain slips, engine throws rod.

Reply to
Tim