Lost wire on Door Jam Switch / 79 F150

I got a 79 F150 pickup truck. The driver side door jam switch has not been working so I bought a replacement. I pulled out the old one but the wire with the plug on the end stayed inside the door jam. Now
what? How in the heck do I get it out, short of removing the whole dashboard, or cutting a hole in the fender? This is a real pisser..... Usually the wire comes out, and the whole job is a 5 minute project.
Also, on the same vehicle, the cigarette lighter is loose in the dash. I reached underneath and cant find a nut or anything to tighten it. How in the heck is that thing held in place?
Thank You - George
I pulled out the old one but the wire with

The inside kick panel can be removed and the wiring 'fished' back through the switch hole. Use a small length of wire as the 'fish'. May take some patience, but it's do-able. As to the lighter: if the whole assembly is loose, remove the ash-tray. The lighter assembly has one/two u-shaped clips that grab the front of the dash-frame and a screw that holds the assembly to the dash-frame....this screw also acts as the grounding means. On my '81 it use to be green, but no more. There may also be a screw on the side.
Hope this helps......
Dave S(Texas)