mustang GT manual or auto?

I am thinking of buying a 2005 Mustang GT. Should I buy a manual or auto transmission? Advantages and disadvantages? Thanks alot in advance.

Manual all the way. Why would you want a sports car with an auto? True performance can only be had with a manual transmission.
Go to the rec.autos.driving newsgroup and check out the thread "Why manual transmissions are superior".
On 29 May 2005 08:41:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You may be an exception but, modern automatic transmissions can, and regularly do, out perform all but the best of drivers with a manual. I am an auto enthusiast anf have been for the last 50+ years. I have driven manuals hundreds of thousands of miles and believe you are not a full fledged driver unless you are competent with a manual but, put my ass in Atlanta traffic and I would damn near rather be on a bus.
Lugnut
i have both. the auto with a 3.27 locker is great for acceleration and can knock down the 0-60 under 6 seconds all day long. but i still like the manual. probably because i grew up with a manual. when i get froggy, manual is the going for to go, the automatic is too busy trying to find out what gear to be in, whereas i have come into a curve, slam it into second, power slide it keeping the power to the wheels and nail it from there.
you're asking what choice to make on the 2005. my advice is ........... what are you going to do with it? and let that be your answer and go from there. don't buy a stock unit and treat it like one you wish you would have bought.
~ curtis
knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so." http://community.webtv.net/PALMER_ENT/doc
I sold my 2003 GT convertible and bought a 2005 GT convertible. The new 5 speed auto with the 300 HP 3 valve is a sweetheart that could run ring around my 2003. No other car anywhere near the price on the Mustang can run with the 2005. Go for it.
mike hunt