!997 Mustang GT

I have a 1997 Mustang GT, 4.6L. I am looking for some good, cheap, ideas to make it faster. I am thinking of buying an Acufab 70mm Throttle body and plenum combo to start. Anybody have any good ideas??

Reply to
R Vk

The only cheap thing that will made enough difference to matter would be to put a low restriction exhaust on it. Until you do that changing the TB won't make much difference and may even reduce performance.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

PI heads.

New assemblies from Ford are downright cheap as aluminum heads go. Any other mods will be wasted effort untill the heads are addressed.

rd

Reply to
RD Jones

It really depends on how far you want to take it. If you're going to leave the internals stock, you don't need to do much with the intake. As I understand it, the throttle body and intake are not restrictive relative to how much air the stock engine pulls, so a bigger throttle body is going to add very little, if anything. A more free flowing exhaust can help, but two and a quarter inch diameter is as big as you need to go, larger than that will take away bottom end torque, something you probably don't want to do. The best bang for the buck would be a nitrous kit, a 50 to 75 HP kit should be safe with a stock engine, and you'd really feel the extra power.

Reply to
Mikey