Newer Ranger wheels on a 1990 ranger???

I want to purchase some newer Ranger Rims for my 1990 Ranger with 14" wheels. Are all ranger rims compatable or do I need to purchase wheels within a particular year? My desire is to use the old steel wheels to mount and keep the snow tires on and buy some nice spun wheels for the regular tires.

Thus if I find some 14" wheels from a 1997 Ranger, will they work on a

1990?

Thanks for your help.

Dave in Pierre, SD

Reply to
dvoeltz

They will fit, I guarantee it. You are more likely to find 15 inch wheels for sale though.

Reply to
Scott

Scott opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

So you would need to get 15" tires with a lower profile so that they're approx the same height and rolling circumference.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Anything thats fit a full size ford should work. On my 86 Ranger I had factory steel 15 inch steel LTD rims.

GOD BLESS THE USA Member of IPCO- International Pest Control Operators Public message board-

Bob

I agree... the Ranger has the 5 x 4.5"(114.3mm) bolt pattern - very common. I just sold my Aerostar snows on rims to a guy w/ a Ranger Pickup.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1