"No start" problem

I have a 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix. This car is driving me CRAZY! I can go out and try to start this car and 50% of the time it will not start. It is as if it has a "starter kill" device such as an alarm. But if I simply wait
3 to 5 min.,it will start right up. Then there are days when it will start everytime.I have tried to pin point when and why it does this but it seems that there is not something that I do that makes this car not start or start. This has been going on for at least 6 months now, but it will always start if you just wait for it to get ready.
sell it and get a ford.

wait

The starter solonoid or starter its self would get my vote. Less likely is ignition switch, neuteral start switch.or contact to antitheft resistor in key. Sometimes the brushes in the starter moter get stuck or make poor contact. To test, give the starter a wack next time to see if fixes.