Passenger foot well water leak

I have a 99 Ford Ka. Water is collecting in the passenger footwell. The model comes with AC and I know there is a problem with the AC but I'm pretty sure it is related to rain not sun!
I have searched for leaks with a hose pipe: Front windscreen gutter. Top of windscreen - especially corners Sprayed under car. Sprayed round door. But I get no result. Any hints?
In my experience water collecting in that area usually means a leaking heater coil. You might try looping one of the heater hoses to bypass the heater and see if the problem goes away. If you don't already know how to do that, find a neighbor or co-worker that can show you how.
Tim Milstead wrote:

Farley @nonymous wrote:

I need to add, the bypass method is intended as a diagnostic aid. It serves as a permanent fix only if you anticipate never having a need for cabin heat.
Farley @nonymous opined in

Ah... when you run the AC for over 15 minutes and then pull into a parking space, does it dribble out water beneath the car?
If not, your condensate drain is plugged.
Otherwise look for a cowl drain being plugged... they exit to each side of the air intake cowl, below windscreen.
When you put water into that air intake, it should dribble out each side, just at front edge of doors..

Thanks for the tips guys. I have already checked the cowl drain and found it clear. I will check the other two issues out.
Tim

Does the car have a cabin air filter? I know that Ford had problems with these causing leaks in the Taurus/Sable.
mike
"La Longue Carabine"