Question, 84 Towncar lights

Is the delay light feature run off a relay? If so where would I find it. I've looked but with my cataracts it hard to see under there. The lights stay on all the time. The light switch and multifunction switch are OK.
I think my elderly father crossed the terminals when he attempted to change the non-leaking valve pan cover gaskets that now leak. He had the vacume lines all screwed up to. He tore into it one day without talking to me. He can not do these things anymore and has altzheimers. My mother had to give me the car to keep him from screwing with it. He could not leave it alone. Bob
GOD BLESS THE USA Member of IPCO- International Pest Control Operators Public message board- http://www.ipconetwork.org/fmb/cboard.mv
No one have any ideas?