Ranger survey; which is the best?

Hi
I'm looking around for a used Ford Ranger and would like to know everyones opinion on which one to buy. I would like to know about fuel economy, engine size and performance, "creature comforts" (I know it's
a small truck), the best year, reliability, all that good stuff. I would like an ext. cab so I have a little bit of usuable inside room. The years I'm looking for are anywhere between 1990 and 2002 (give or take a couple of years).
If anyone knows of a good website to check out these qualities, that would help as well.
Now I don't want to start a war, I'm just looking for info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

http://sporttruck.com/techarticles/1392 /
www.google.com www.metacrawler.com
I hope the last two help, I use them quite often