Re: 71 Mustang BOSS (1 of 1850 made)

You may as well let this one rot in your garage, because I dont know anyone who would give that much for a 1971 period no matter what it is or was.

1971 mustang BOSS with 351", 28K, green, black hood, stored since 1987, > no cancer on exterior body, I found 1 spot on drivers interior door skin > at bottom front and a 1" dia. spot in one of the 4 floor pans. It has > 1971 Ford owners manual in glove box and inspection stickers for 3 years > showing the mileage: > 1983-27995 miles, 1985 28234 miles, 1986 28234 miles, today: 28234 > miles. It was mfg. 3/71. Vin # 1F02R183994, > trim Br > Axle V > Trans S > DSO 22 > Body 63D > Col Z > $10,000. > 336-765-8312 evenings, N. Carolina. Since I dont come to newsgroup > often, it is best for you to use your own email servere and email me > directly for pictures: snipped-for-privacy@triad.rr.com. I can help arrange > delivery. One picture is attached here. >

A Frazier

Classic Car Fair

Quite.

Does *anyone* bother with posters who can't even be bothered to monitor the groups they advertise in?

And as for posting binaries to a text newsgroup - the news server I use didn't even bother listing the original message.

Reply to
Paul Spencer

Just shows what you know. lol

That engine the "BOSS with 351" was the panicle of Ford Motor Company's engine development. They haven't come close to it for 3 decades. The 71-73 Mustang may not be everyone's favorite, but with the High Performance 351 Cleveland and 429 Cobra Jet engines they offered some of Fords all time best engines ever.

As for rotting in the garage, it looks like that one resides in a field, and has already begun its rotting process.

Reply to
351CJ

yeah, the "BOSS" mustang was a design that the president of Ford motor company created.

Reply to
A Frazier

Not withstanding the Boss 351 engine specs, the problem was that these cars were heavy - over 3700 lbs.

Kinda wreaks havoc on power-to-weight ratio...

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

Jerry,

Please explain how the mileage didn't increase between 1985 and 1986 inspections. Is the car located right next to an inspection station?

Or, most likely, the odometer broke shortly after the 1983 inspection.....

Reply to
Mark

That sounds fishy too me, That makes that car not worth a thing then, 'cause it could have 300k on is and you would never know it.

So I would probally trade my Pontiac 6000 for it.

Reply to
abomb6900

Your weight is all wrong ..... unless of course you have your fat brother-in-law riding with you!

Rick

Reply to
RJ