Re: 71 Mustang BOSS (1 of 1850 made)

You may as well let this one rot in your garage, because I dont know anyone who would give that much for a 1971 period no matter what it is or was.
I can help arrange

It's a bargain by Kiwi standards
A Frazier wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:34:13 GMT, "A Frazier"

Quite.
Does *anyone* bother with posters who can't even be bothered to monitor the groups they advertise in?
And as for posting binaries to a text newsgroup - the news server I use didn't even bother listing the original message.

Just shows what you know. lol
That engine the "BOSS with 351" was the panicle of Ford Motor Company's engine development. They haven't come close to it for 3 decades. The 71-73 Mustang may not be everyone's favorite, but with the High Performance 351 Cleveland and 429 Cobra Jet engines they offered some of Fords all time best engines ever.
As for rotting in the garage, it looks like that one resides in a field, and has already begun its rotting process.
I can help arrange

yeah, the "BOSS" mustang was a design that the president of Ford motor company created.
I can help arrange

Not withstanding the Boss 351 engine specs, the problem was that these cars were heavy - over 3700 lbs.
Kinda wreaks havoc on power-to-weight ratio...
Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @ http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt
I can help arrange

Your weight is all wrong ..... unless of course you have your fat brother-in-law riding with you!
Rick
I can help arrange

Jerry,
Please explain how the mileage didn't increase between 1985 and 1986 inspections. Is the car located right next to an inspection station?
Or, most likely, the odometer broke shortly after the 1983 inspection.....
That sounds fishy too me, That makes that car not worth a thing then, 'cause it could have 300k on is and you would never know it.
So I would probally trade my Pontiac 6000 for it.