Re: 88 taurus problems

The rear manifold will have to be separated from the exhaust pipe and might possibly be able to be removed while it's still attatched to the head so you can deal with the stuck nut after it's off the car.
I would consider either heating up the nut on the dipstick tube stud or cutting off the dipstick bracket. Not the professional way to go about it, but whatever it takes to get the job done. This is the kind of thing I was talking about in previous post about the probability of something breaking, being siezed with rust, etc. It can turn into a bitch. A torch can be a lifesaver in some instances. Also one of those pneumatic cutting discs.
what if i take it off the head but not the manifold
So i finally got the heads off the car and guess what...The head gaskets look fine! I'm a little hesitant to spend 60 bucks on parts if the car still wont start after i get it put together. Where should i go from here? thanks for all the help!! Greg