Re: 94 CV A/C Question

lugnut opined in

The >>Running pressures<< are correct?
1. Do you have r134? Tehre may be a High pressure cutout on the liquid line.
2. You may have a bad TPS or TPS wiring which would show an intermittent WOT, but that shows in driveability too.
The AC Cutout relay is in the LH side of engine compartment, in relay center. Stan K.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

lugnut wrote:

sounds like the IAC to me.. its suppose to keep the rpm's up when the a/c is on and its not doing its job and that is why the alt. is not putting out enough juice as its going slower and thus you get the compressor cutting off via the pcm control on the relay... hope this helps.

The IAC is exactly what appears to have been the problem. I swapped it out this AM and put on a couple hundred miles around town today with no problem. The IAC checks out to be good and was not dirty as I had expected. It still looks like that was the culprit.