Re: Anyway to disable the tire pressure monitor system on a 2007 ford escape?

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

First, I was not talking about strut bushing but rather lower (right) control arm bushing. I did imply, however, that it takes ford to ignore a known defect for decades. Another example of a ford fast- reacting genius is 3.8 head gaskets. That defect was ONE OF THE reasons for high rollover rate. Low tire pressure was another one. Low explorer owners' IQ is quite likely the third reason. Not too good tires might have contributed as well. Second, I didn't say that exlorers had the above suspension defect from early 90's. I said from beginning of production up until they re- designed the suspension in the late 90's. OK, mid 90's. Third, rollover death rate and rollover rate are not quite the same thing. A mustang or firebird - especially covertible - is more likely to kill an idiot who had bought them in the first place than an SUV, even ford SUV. But even rollover rate is not a pure indication of suspension quality. You are what you drive, and this means that let's say an individual who drives a camaro could be more likely to drive wrecklessly than the one who drives a Lexus. In official stability testing, the worst ever was Isuzu Trooper also sold as Acura... don't remember model name. BTW, rollover also can be caused by an impact, not necessarily JUST driving. I can see how a geo metro could go belly up after being hit by an explorer... as a result of a "normal" explorer rollover. The broken knuckle case I mentioned was not typical, and I never claimed it was but I've never seen a Honda or Toyota in that or similar condition regardless of age or mileage. I have, however, seen, a chrysler masterpiece that lost its second ball joint at less than 600 miles. If interested, there are pictures of that thing on our site http://www.anti-lemon.com .
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: <...>

Please explain how bad head gaskets cause rollovers.
Jeff

Why are you, ford falks, can't read (or comprehend) the entire sentence: "Another example of a ford fast-reacting genius is 3.8 head gaskets."??? In any case, this was an example of ford's dedication to keep a minimal feedback from the outside life. To be more specific, it was a suble attempt to say that there is nothing ford is not capable of doing... except the right thing such as accepting responsibility and admitting its screw-ups. Making cars is not even discussed. Hope it helps.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The words "that defect" is supposed to refer to what is immediately before it, which, in this case was head gaskets.
You just weren't clear enough. No big deal.
Jeff

.
Of course, it's not enough to just blow the tire but if you are driving @ 75 mph (legal speed in many states), increased initial pressure will be added to that created by yet another temperature jump caused by friction. Again, remember exploder escapade? But even if you don't get killed, the temperature fluctuations still cause annoying light to come on. For that I don't need calculations to claim.