Re: Diesel Pickup

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:30:56 GMT, "Bobbins Bobbins"

Cummins diesel at an agreeable price. It made a believer out of me. The inline 6 actually fits in the engine compartment and is well laid out to work on. And all engines will eventually need worked on, especially diesels. Many people think that diesels last so long they can run them like gasoline engines...just drive them until they die. Diesels don't work that way. Part of the longevity involves changing out filters and regular maintenance. ESPECIALLY FUEL FILTERS! The Cummins engine is one tough, solid piece of machinery that really does the job, not saying that the Ford doesn't. But I would buy the Cummins Dodge over a Ford, even if I had to pay a little more. I figure I would gain it back in time and less frustration with working on the beast during the life of the truck.

basically rebuilt as part of the regular P/M program.