Re: Fiesta dead (85/86)(D)

How dead is it?
There is a small silly fault that can cause a problem - don't laugh 'cos it happened to me ...
If the battery clamp isn't tight enough (the +ve one I think) then when you
turn the starter, you will here a click, and all will go dead. The click could be the baterry clamp moving slightly under the load of the starter motor - and disconnecting .....
worth atry?

intermittent
fault
battery
You'll need to trace the circuit from the battery to the instruments and check it with a circuit tester. It would be worth getting a Haynes manual with the circuit diagram.

intermittent
fault
battery
I checked the terminals, I also tried a booster car battery thinking the battery was flat, but still no joy.
bill

it,

(battery,oil,
Have you checked the other end? where the earth strap fixes to the body?

on
out
found the fault - the manual says that there is a fuse link from the battery, well on this model the link is fitted to the solenoid, this had a bad connection.
Bill
click click click that is starter not getting enough voltage. I had this happen often Try to get jump if that gets it starting would recommend leaving the car running for 30 minutes or go for a drive for an hour I could be exacterating. You can see if battery will keep a charge Everytime u start your car it takes power from a battery . When car is running Battery is being used but alternator does help maintain the life of the a battery it is the generator that will prevent u from overloading the battery . Get a good brush on the clamp and the battery post and scap of any rust some wd-40 works good something caustic for cleaning that prevents like wd-40 .

The
body?
just wondering if anybody has a circuit for the fiesta.
bill

intermittent
fault
battery