Re:General Motors

Honda TRUCKS? You are kidding right? The Ridgeline can hardly be called a truck. It is after all based on car chassis just like their minivan LOL

mike hunt
">

People certainly are not buying many of them GM, Ford and Chrysler all so more trucks in a month than Toyota sells in a year and more in one week then Honda LOL
mike hunt

It certain should ride like a Honda, it is after all an Accord. The Ridgeline is NOT a truck by any stretch of the imagination any more than is the Subaru station wagon with a box, that is not selling either One can haul hay or even post holes in a minivan LOL
mike hunt

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 14:45:50 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

Hyperbole will get you nowhere. GM, Ford and DC combined sold about 580,000 trucks in December. Honda sold 625,000 trucks in 2005. Toyota sold 971,000 trucks in 2005.

Honda sold about 580,000 things "classified" as truck. They actually sold 0 trucks. Of course quite a few of the Ford, GM and Chrysler "trucks" are not trucks either.. Ditto for Toyota.
The Ridgeline might be a really cool vehicle, but it is lttle more than a reduced function Pilot which is a little mror than a re-configured Odyssey. Nothing wrong with any of these, but they are not trucks to me. I think Truckoid might be a good name for them. If the most truck-like thing you do is haul a cooler in the back, then I guesss a Ridgeline might be (despite it whimpy towing and load capacities). However, that stupid in-bed compartment would be a disaster if you were actually hauling stuff back there (like sand). Can you imagine having to empty the bed anytime you need to get into the compartment? I've gone for years without empty my farm trucks bed.
Ed
Get real, Ford sold nearly 1,000,000 F150s alone in 2005. Fords light truck total was over 2,200,000. Toyotas Motor (Sales) Company, Toyota, Lexus, Scion cars and trucks combined was 2,060,000
mike hunt

Don't forget to subtract the fleet sales from those big 3 total truck sales. After you do that, you basically have the (1) "I only buy American" owners, and (2) the owners lured by the steep roll backs in price and employee incentive programs. Hands down, Honda and Toyota have a much better product. It's amazing because Ford and GM have been building pickups since the "40s and you think they'd have got it right by now.
If you are in one of these two pre-mentioned categories, please take your comments about Ford, GM or Chrysler products elsewhere, because you will never convince a Honda or Toyota owner that the big 3's products are better.
Don't need to, nor am I trying to, simply posting the fact that more buyers choose GM, Ford, Chrysler and even Toyota over Honda in 2005 when it came time to buy the vehicle THEY thought was better. Obviously you though Honda was better if that is what you bought . That is your privilege, just as it is for every other buyer but you are in a minority. Besides what difference does it make why one buys what they buy, it only maters that they did.
mike hunt