Re: Is Ford Running on Empty?

July 16, 2006

Bill Ford needs a product like Bill Gates:

Costs virtually nothing to make, distribute & sell with absolutely no warranty whatever. You know it doesn't work correctly from day-one so you get the government to OK that *and* you get the customers to pay *you* to fix it - over and over and over again. When the customers get sick of that, you paint it a different color and start all over.

During the worst period in Ford history (I'm sure that could be argued to death), a single days output from one Ford plant would be worth more than 5 years of anything Microsoft has foisted on an its consumer base.

Funny world!

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @ >
FanJet

Can we assume you are stuck with a MAC? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Only if he has WiFi.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Hell no. Governments everywhere, large and small, are like mastodons in a tarpit. They know they've been taken but they'll pay anything to make it look like they haven't, just a hint that things work like the salesman said. I do that for them. Or, more precisely, like Microsoft, to them.

Reply to
FanJet

But Bill Ford runs an actual business and can't tax almost every car made the way Bill Gates can essentially tax computers with Windows. Bill Gates didn't create but just brought order to the PC business the way the public highway system brought order to auto travel.

Funny economics. People who worship capitalism as a religion should realize that their god isn't just far from perfect but often outright absurd.

Reply to
rantonrave