Removing trim pieces 63 T Bird

I need some help removing the trim pieces that run along the top of the fenders and doors. so I can paint the car. I can get at the bolts and screws at the ends but I don't know how to get the trim
loose from the pinch welds where it is held on with those spring claw clips. Is there any trick to getting them off without bending the trim? Thanks, Jim

Auto body supply houses should have the removal tool hanging on their rack. It looks like a miniature "J" bar, real simple to use. You slide the tool along the trim to release the springs while gently twisting the trim so the springs don't fall back into the track.
Bill