Sierra 1.6 CL engine problems! need help!

Hi, I'm having a problem with my sierra's engine. It is a 1.6L non-injection, non-turbo engine. It has a dual carburator. I haven't used it since last year because I noticed that it has a verry high fulel
consumption. Where do I have to start looking for the problem? Thanks.

how bad? could be a fuel leak...or maybe a sticking auto choke? lift the aircleaner off and check the choke butterfly is open when warm.
I'd do a full tune up, plugs leads etc and get the carb mixture adusted on a CO analyser.
The engine sucks in average 12 liter/ 100 Km. I think that this engine (1.6L, weber 28/30 2V carburetor) shouldn't consume more than 7-8L/100Km, is this right? Thanks fot the tips.

Yep, that a bit excessive. The 1.6 was a touch under-powered for that car but should still see 8 - 9L 100/km
I got around 9L/100km or 30mpg - on a 2.0litre.