Still trying to diagnose 1992 Tempo fan

I'm still trying to pinpoint the problem with my 1992 Tempo's radiator fan. The fan does not come on at all, neither when the A/C is on nor when the engine reaches the proper temperature. I have verified that
the fan works by using jumpers from the battery.
What's the most likely cause of this? There doesn't seem to be a fuse for the fan itself. I haven't been able to locate a fan relay or fan controller. Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Dave
Dave wrote:

Since you are still struggling with this, I would suggest you buy the appropriate manual for the car that will show you how to troubleshoot the fan circuit. For this Chilton or Haynes won't cut it. Here is a link to a complete set of 1992 Ford Car Shop Manuals on CD (It covers all 1992 Ford Cars, all areas of the vehicle). This is the same service info used at the dealership. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-92-Ford-Tempo-CD-Service-Tech-Repair-Manuals_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6759QQitemZ7998128567
For $11 it would be foolish not to. The print versions from Helm would be ~$300 and would only cover the Tempo. The wiring diagrams, testing info and parts locations for the fan will be in the EVTM section.
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:18:24 -0400, Tom Adkins

dont waste your time tom the foctard is cheap 1 92 tempo lmfao
time for a new car
h u
r c a s t
Hi can you get these disc for any year and model ford ? and from ford ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-92-Ford-Tempo-CD-Service-Tech-Repair-Manuals_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6759QQitemZ7998128567
Chevy wrote:

Yes, for each year all models are on 1 CD, starting with the 1992 model year. You can buy them from Helm Inc. This is where the paper manuals and original CDs come from. Ford went to service information on CD in 1992. All of the service info in the various paper shop manuals for that year is on 1 CD ie: 1992 Ford Car has all of the service info for the 1992 Car line (PCED, EVTM, Engine Emissions Diag, etc). Trucks were separate discs, as were some specialty areas like the Diesel Suppliments for trucks, TSBs,PCM calibrations etc. In ~2001 they switched to DVD that covered multiple years. The CDs are model year specific and their paper counterparts would be $1000s in print form. The reason the CDs (or copies of the originals) are cheap on Ebay is because they were updated about every 3-6 months for corrections, additions, etc. The old ones were superceeded and (supposedly) tossed out. I have a full set form 1992-2001 from when I was a Tech. I left the dealership in 2001 so I'm not really familiar with the DVD format. I've never seen CDs for other manufacturers but I'm sure they exist. I've never heard of copyright problems with the CDs\DVDs being sold but keep that in mind. They're a very good investment for DIYers at ~$10 each per model year. Watch out for imitations covering multiple years and manufacturers. The smart people selling copies of the original CDs make that clear in the listings.
The 1992 CD is no longer available from Helm, but I did a search for 1999 Mustang to give you an idea. The 1999 Ford Car Service CD is $1100.
should be an integrated relay control module located near top of radiator in front of it under a plastic "flap".
--
Dave MacLeod
remove the "1" to reply
dmac wrote:

Only on the 3.0 6cyl. The 2.3 used a descrete relay, no CCRM.
I had a 92 with 2.3 and relay module, had to replace it due to fan issues with AC on. $100 from a salvage yard.
--
Dave MacLeod
remove the "1" to reply
dmac wrote:

Really? About 4" square and 2"deep mounted kind of above the radiator? Dang it, now I've got to dig through my manuals and find out. I don't recall ever seeing a CCRM on a 2.3 Tempo.
see if this helps , standard Ignition shows there seperate
http://www.smpcorp.com/web_app/catalog/images/RY70.jpg
http://www.smpcorp.com/web_app/catalog/images/RY179.jpg
http://www.smpcorp.com/web_app/catalog/publiccatalog.asp

Thanks. I've seen that there appear to be tweo separate parts -- a relay and a controller. But I cannot locate either of them. I may have to invest in a better manual of a cd.