Taurus 2002 SEL wagon and acetone in gasoline ... 14% increase

Just an update on the Acetone thread. I went through my first 3/4 tankfull of "city driving" with acetone added ... and my measurements show a slight decrease in fuel economy :-(. It was slighty worse than any other tankfull of city-driving gas that I have recorded. On tanking up this time I have again added acetone, but a bit less than before ... about 1 1/4 Oz. per 10 gallons of gas. We'll see how that does.

I look forward to seeing what results I get on my next 400 Km highway trip ... which will be on the weekend of Nov. 6.

-RS-

Reply to
-RS-

The highway trip hasn't happened yet ... it will happen on the long weekend of Nov. 11th. Meanwhile a friend who's read quite a bit of the online literature available regarding this acetone idea, has suggested that the process might be quite sensitive to the ratio used ... and that some accurate experiments and subsequent accurate method of adding the right amt. might be necessary to get good results. Any thoughts on this "criticalness" are appreciated ....

-RS-

Reply to
-RBS-