taurus power stering leak.

1995 Taurus GL I've noticed that the power stering line that run under the radiator is leaking! My question is: I would like just to cut that "joint" and patch it
with a hose & clamp... What size of hose I need?...
Thank you
a picture can be seen: http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/808f75ce/bc/Ford+Taurus+1995+GL/__sr_/taurus.jpg?bcg_pn_AHhWPt1Mo
i wouldnt reccomend repairing it with a hose and clamps...there is a lot of pressure in these power steering lines...replace the complete pipe......

it
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/808f75ce/bc/Ford+Taurus+1995+GL/__sr_/taurus.jpg?bcg_pn_AHhWPt1Mo
steve opined in

For your own peace of mind, trace the line... if it goes from the rack to the reservoir, it is just like most cars... the return fluid cooler line... carries little pressure.
Use hydraulic or fuel system line.
I have a 90 T-Bird 3.8 liter V6. I've had it for about 2 years now. I LOVE the car itself, I have had NO major issues except of corse for the head gasket. However, I've replaced the front brake pads once last year and Im getting ready to do it again. On top of this, My brakes squeak and squeal all the time no matter how many times I clean them or turn the rotors.
Has anyone had this problem and if so, what is the remedy.
Thanks, D.
I just replaced the pads on the '93 Cougar for the first time at +80k miles last spring. I used the carbon/metallic pads... I just sanded the rotors as the Ford shop manual describes and haven't heard one squeak. The car stops on a dime now, too. Be sure to use the anti-squeak goo on the back of the pads unless they come pre-coated like mine did. Also, check all springs and clips for the pads and hardware. I think AutoZone and the other guys have a brake kit that has new clips and the like for your car.
Hope this helps.
PoD