That's what Ford says!

I have a 2002 Windstar sport and for the most part I have few complaints. What does happen is when I start the car first thing in the morning or after
it has cooled for some time, the clutch for the compressor makes a noise like the gears are slipping. The dealer said that Ford is aware of that problem and tried to fix it on earlier models. They suggest turning off the air when I stop the van for a long period of time or over night and to keep it off until after I start the van in the morning. That's all Jim-dandy and all but should I have to do that and is this slipping noise going to hurt the compressor?
bones wrote:

no but the clutch will probably wear out faster if they dont fix it correctly.....