2002 Ford Windstar - Any Big Problems?

Looking to buy a 2002 Ford Windstar SE Sport.. Two questions ....

1)I didn't think 2002 had a sport edition?? 2)Any big problems with this model year? (ie transmission?)

Van I am looking at has only 52000 Km on it.

Thanks, DW

Reply to
The Wrights

I always have trouble with the word "SPORT" decalled on the side of a mini-van.... the two terms just seem to be mutually exclusive.

t any rate, these vans were quite successful in the past. We don't (in our area) see any more concerns with these than we do with any other product..They are, however, rather "top heavy" in electronics. If there are any electrical concerns, they will be compounded by the computer network. A base Windstar will have at least 5 elctronic modules. While not common, electrical failures may be beyond the abilities of many techs.

If I were in the market for a used mini-van, the Windstar would be among my choices....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Depending upon your sensitivities fuel consumption may be an issue. The Chryslers are cheaper on fuel, but their transmission etc, failures quickly make up for any fuel saved.

If you intend to tow, you will need a Windstar specific kit from Ford (more Microsoft trained engineers at work).

Reply to
joe schmoe