Thinking of buying a 2003 Ford Escape

Any comments pro or con about the 2003 Ford Escape? Is the 4 cylinder sufficient for a hilly area or towing a small 12 ft. fishing boat. Would appreciate any experiences you have had. Thank you.

I don't have a 2003, but I do have a 2002. Since no one else has replied, I'll just tell you I'm extremely pleased with mine (XLT, 4x2, V6). According to the manual, you should have no problems with the 12 footer. Living on the coast, though, I have no experience with the hills. Try www.escape-central.com; you can find a wealth of information there. Good luck! SC Tom
I would reply if I could see the original post .... Maybe a WEBTV thingy
I also had a '02 for 50k without any problems except rack/pinion and a axle leaking Both replaced under warranty @ 9k The front brakes could last a little longer Pads and rotors @ 18k and again @ 35975mls just before warranty ended :-) also both times replaced under warranty Right before I traded it in ,the airbag lite came on and was "fixed" by unplugging the pre-tensioner connectors a couple of times
Never towed anything with it
Like all cars , if your good to them, it will usually be good to you