Tiny 4.6 Emergency

'94 Tbird LX 4.6, 68k mi.
Had a lo-rpm miss. I poked around ...
In the plug wire boot, there is about a 3 " connector between the wire conductor and the plug tip. Damned thang is ferrous (i.e. steel). The
connection between the wire conductor and the connector was evidently arcing on cyl. 3. When I pulled the boot off, the connector (which was corroded to hell-and-gone) stayed on the plug tip.
Wires were installed by a dealer in '99.
#3 plug wire is shot. I disconnected the wire at each end. Had to happen on a Sat. after 5 pm.
What can I do with it to make it safe to drive until I can get it properly repaired? Get a temp. replacement wire?
Can I drive it a little on 7 cyl? Maybe 2 miles?
Any help/info much appreciated. No guesses allowed. :-)
Thx, Puddin'
"Sometimes, to be silent is to Lie." - philosopher Miguel Unamuno, during the Spanish Civil War
Had to happen on a Sat. after 5 pm.

You risk ruining the catalytic converter with a cylinder that is not firing. Will it happen in 2 miles? Who knows.
Do you know of an auto parts store that stays open late?
napa has the boots for $5

For a '94 4.6? Are you sure?
I just called a napa store: they couldn't look it up.

"Sometimes, to be silent is to Lie." - philosopher Miguel Unamuno, during the Spanish Civil War
does your car have the coil on plug system, or the coil packs??
i get the C.O.P. boots for $4.99.. part # 702418

do you have coil on plug, or coil packs.
i get the C.O.P. boots from napa for $4.99 each.

The '94 4.6's got the 2 coil packs, 4 cyls each.
I shoulda figgered you were talking about COP, I knew they used 'em in later years. Wouldn't have figgered they'd be as cheap as $5, 'tho.
Thx, P

"Sometimes, to be silent is to Lie." - philosopher Miguel Unamuno, during the Spanish Civil War
On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 18:45:24 -0500, Puddin' Man

I think he's got the old style, not the COP. COP coils each cost around $40. I don't think they switched till around 99.

Yeah, I saw the AC/Delco wires at some parts houses on the net. Wondered if anyone had tried 'em.
I gotta buy locally, get it going muy pronto. I won't buy "cheap": the damned thangs are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much of a headache to fiddle.
Thx, P
"Sometimes, to be silent is to Lie." - philosopher Miguel Unamuno, during the Spanish Civil War