Tire Recommendation for '99 Sable ?

I am looking for tires for a '99 Mercury Sable 3.0l V6. 50 thou miles on the set of General tires that came with the vehicle. Location is the US southwest, so rain and snow tend not to be much of an issue.
This vehicle is a road car and 90/95 percent of the time is traveling at highway speeds. Usual load is driver and passenger with minimal to moderate amounts of luggage.
Thanks.
On 11 Jul 2005 15:24:10 -0700, "Postman's Holiday"

Michelin - the only way to go on it. It'll seem like a huge car upgrade.
Lugnut

I have Goodyear Eagles on my Contour. Good tires. There are other good tires, too.
Jeff

BF Goodrich Traction T/A.
Tire Recommendation for '99 Sable ? Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Mon, Jul 11, 2005, 3:24pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@bigmailbox.net (Postman'sHoliday)
I am looking for tires for a '99 Mercury Sable 3.0l V6. 50 thou miles on the set of General tires that came with the vehicle. Location is the US southwest, so rain and snow tend not to be much of an issue. This vehicle is a road car and 90/95 percent of the time is traveling at highway speeds. Usual load is driver and passenger with minimal to moderate amounts of luggage. Thanks. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I've got a '99 Taurus Duratec with a new set of Bridgestone Potenza 009 215x60x15 H rated tires. Great tire for the road. H rated tires are a bit softer for grip so 50k miles might be a push for them. Try www.tirerack.com and see the selection of tires for your car.
Eric
Postman's Holiday wrote:

that would depend on what you need for tires .... if you want performance tires make sure you get ones with the proper rating for how you wish to drive. if you are just obeying speed linits and are looking for just normal driving experiances pull out the original car manual or look atethe original tires and write down all numbers and stuff from the sides.. then stop by a few tire shops and ask them to explain what the numbers mean until you understand.. then you can make your own decision. one thing i will say is this. 1.. michelin are prolly the longest running tire for milage.... as they wear the rubber tends to get harder and they have less traction under wet or more slippery conditions. 2.. good year are prolly the best all around tires.... hell even the cops use em so they have to be fairly good. 3.. Cooper tires are cheap and very good tires for the price.. long lasting when compared to other cheaper brands and good traction.