Top 10 TV Cars

Page 3 of 3
Steve wrote:

Sgt. Friday of Dragnet drove Fords. Fords were featured in "The FBI" as well.

Hmm. Spenser drove Mustangs didn't he?
And Dan Tanna had that cool Thunderbird.
Movie cars are a

Anim8rFSK wrote:

Didn't one of Charlie's Angels have a Mustang Cobra??
DJ wrote:

Given the era, it was probably a Mustang II though X^p
One of the Mustang E-mail lists years ago was divided into two groups: Classic Mustangs and Fox-chassis. There was a footnote on the homepage that said "Don't even ask about the Mustang II because nobody cares."
;-)

Yeah, it was a white Mustang Cobra 2 -- I'm pretty sure it was Farrah's, and Cheryl inherited it. I *think* the others may have had Fords as well.
LOL
And, here's a page of photos of cars that appeared on CA:
http://www.imcdb.org/movie_73972-Charlie-s-Angels.html?PHPSESSID 7aaba1 4b7765892a8767e71e865dd3

DJ wrote:

Yes and no. "Jill" drove a Cobra II (probably a 1976), which isn't a real Mustang.
Brian
won't shut up.
Anim8rFSK wrote:

Yep, I particularly liked the T-bird.
Steve wrote:

Are we talking about the real thing or *fictional* cars?
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

Jed Clampet's Truck (From The Beverly Hillbilly's)
Don't forget Red's Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser on "That 70's Show".
QX wrote:

"For God's sakes Bob, we're talking about a wood-paneled ocean liner"
:)
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

message

It was a full-sized car? I always remember it as looking so bad that I thought it was a plastic model.

I had, mercifully, forgotten that show. I'm not at all pleased to be reminded of it. It was wretched. The only possible reason for watching it would be that you happened to like Dodge Vipers and I do not.

I would have put this at #1, partly because it was a great car, great looking, suited Batman, as you say, to a T, was totally out there as far as styling goes and had all kinds or crazy capabilities (and the writers would add new ones whenever the plot demanded it).

In that vein, how about Perry Mason's El Dorado? In many of the earlier shows, he drove some sort of mass-market Ford but eventually he moved up to a Cadillac. It was never a plot element that I can recall but it was a very nice car.
Additional nominees:
Car 54! Why not?
1-Adam-12! In a later season, it was an AMC Matador. A friend of mine drove one of these cars and said it was an awesome police car; the 360 was extremely quick, he thought it would outrun anything other than a 'Vette.
And how could you forget the 'Vette from "Route 66?"
Or, another 'Vette, a Stingray, a '64, I think, from "Stingray," another short-lived but interesting TV series.

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig, George Orwell did state:

Britt Reid was the /character's/ name; the actor was Van Williams.
"Britt Reid" was a not-too-distant relative of The Lone Ranger, also created by writer George W. Trendle.
BTW, the original Kato was played by Keye Luke of Charlie Chan fame and who did voice work for thousands of cartoons.
The customizer of The Black Beauty was Dean Jefferies.
From: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (via teranews)

> > Reported to: snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca, snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca,
1. Original Batmobile. Nothing cooler than that 2. Starsky & Hutch Torino- An awesome car in design , comfort and performance. Ford could never do it as good as this again 3. General Lee- How glorious to see the Stars & Bars on primetime TV 4. Rat Patrol Jeeps- Imagine how slowpokes would clear the way if you came up behind them with a .50 cal mounted inbed 5. All terrain vehicle from UFO series 6. Magnum PI Ferrari 7. Catch vehicles from Jurassic Park !! 8. Dodge Daytona From Hunter TV series 9. Scooby Doo Mystery Machine
On May 12, 1:34 pm, George Orwell <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-

And for the Brits, we give you the Reliant Robin from the TV comedy show Only Fools and Horses. That Reliant Robin now has a V8 in it for races. Imagine a V8 on three wheels O.o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant_Robin
Motoring News: http://www.carshops247.co.uk

A dumb change to a dumb car. The two wheels were at the wrong end. >:)
On my first trip to the UK in '79 I couldn't believe it when I saw my first Reliant. It wasn't surprising when I saw two rolled over in my first week there.