Trailer hitch 97 taurus?

I'm moving in a couple of months (just a 2 bedroom apartment), and will be moving slowly (over about a month, whenever I get time between work etc) and
while I can move the bulk of my gear in the trunk and back seat of my car, I obviously can't move the large items with it. I have a friend with a 10' trailer they'd be willing to loan for a week or two, but I don't have a hitch on my car.
Would I be able to get away with pulling a 10' open trailer with my 97 Taurus GL (3.0 Vulcan)? It's not a far distance, about 10miles round trip, and i'd most likely be making 4 or 5 trips total. No big hills or anything like that, and i'm experienced with pulling a trailer in the past.
I just don't want the (notoriously weak) transmission to fall out of the car, or anything like that. The car has about 120,000 miles on it, mostly highway, and is well maintained.
Sorry, it's a 5' X 8' trailer, not a 10' as i thought.

Not going to be a problem pulling a 5x8 trailer, done the same thing with a similar equiped Taurus.
Eric