UK - Fiesta fuel filter?

Hi, I'm still having trouble with my wife's fiesta, I thought that it could have been the fuel cut off switch acting up. But the car has been running
fine for a few days then it stalled whilst pulling out of the drive and won't start again. I have checked and it produces a good spark, so I am wondering if it could be a blocked fuel filter? I must pull the fuel line off and spin it over just to check fuel is comming through to the carb tomorrow. Our fiesta is an L reg, are there any common faults that might be worth checking out?
Thanks for any ideas that you can think of.....
Steve (..........probably the nut behind the wheel!)
AS YOU SAY MATE IT IS PROBABLY THE NUT BEHIND THE WHEEL.......
COMMON FAULTS ??? WHERE TO START....
BLOWN K.A.M. FUSE FAULTY STEP UP MOTOR BLOCKED FUEL LINES COIL PACK LEADS PLUGS CARBURETTOR USUAL ENGINE THINGS LIKE HEAD GASKET.BLOCKED/DAMAGED VALVE ACTUATORS AN ROCKERS..... MINOR ELECTRICAL FAULTS BAD EARTHS BROKEN LEADS TO STARTER MOTOR AN ALTERNATOR BATTERY
AN THATS ALL I CAN REMEBER AT THE MOMENT LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON WITH IT YEAH???
DANNY