Upholstry Question

Was wondering what would be the best way to go regarding keeping the cloth seats as clean as possible (have a 7 year old and just had a baby). Better to Teflon the stuff? Or just your run of the mill scotch guard?

Reply to
Greg

Greg,

I would rather have a healthy baby and take a chance on stained seat as opposed to spraying chemicals on anything my baby may come into contact with. Just my opinion.

John

Reply to
PC PODD

Good point. However, our furniture and carpet had been Tefloned before the baby was born. And he has much more contact with the couch than he would with the seats in the car. I really don't know if the chemical is dangerous though.

I understand your point though. I wouldn't want to do anything that might harm the children.

Reply to
Greg

Get some seat covers or throw a southwest pattern blanket over the seat or such. We had a kid that was a puker until he was 5 or so, never went more than 5 miles without hurling. Fine now thank god, they are hard to send back!

Reply to
Scott

No eating or drinking in the car is one way to keep the seats clean....that was the rule in my parents car.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face