which code reader

I'm finally gonna break down and get a code reader. It will be for personal use, on American autos, My 2005 Ford Focus check engine light and air bag light is on....... so its time.
Is any certain brand or type better then others. I would like a lcd screen , OBD 1 & 2 code reader scanner. maybe one that can check air bag light also. I wouldn't mind spending $200 or so, more if I have to for what I could use Also would like to know a good place to buy it from Thanks