wipers and windows not working at same time

Anyone know what this would mean? My wipers and my windows stop working the same time. but then they come back. like there's a loose wire somewhere. The Dome light is connected also
and comes and goes. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
--- ---
Robert Smith wrote:

I had that problem, what kind of vehicle?? I don't have the problem anymore. I found the cause and corrected it....
---

that would be my guess, too...
Robert Smith wrote:

I have an F-150 and it has the same roof as your explorer. Your roof a few inches above the top of the door has a groove about 1/4 inch deep. This groove is on both sides. The groove is about 3/4 inch wide. Well, water runs down and leaks in behind the top of the windshield. The water runs down the post on the drivers side and goes right into the main fuse block. I replaced the fuse block twice before I discovered where the water was coming from. A buddy of mine is a Ford Tech and he made me aware of the problem. It wasn't until I got a crack in the windshield, that I solved the problem permanently. Left of the steering column behind the dash is the main fuse block. Pull the plug from the back and a 10mm wrench and it comes out. Cost me about $80.00 at the dealer ( it comes complete all new fuses etc.)
My interior light stopped working, my trailer lights stopped working, my wipers only worked at certain times. If I turned on the wipers they would not go off and vice versa. I did discover if I stopped and switched into park or neutral I regained control of the wipers.... Pull the fuse block and it will probably be all rusty....
My e-mail is good if you want to talk. Ron......(in Florida)