Intermittent wipers not working

Hi, Thought I would pick the brains of the group again. I have a 1979 240D and the intermittent feature on my wipers does not work. Never has, since I have had the car. Regular and fast speeds work, so I assume motor is okay. Anyone have any suggestions as to where the likely problem might be. The various repair manuals I have are not too good at diagnosing.

I really don't want to tear into the steering column/ wiper control lever unless there is no other choice.

Thanks,

Rochelle '79 240D, now with 300 turbo diesel engine

Reply to
R & K

It seems to me - and I may be wrong, so don't search all over the car - that a relay activates the intermittent wiper feature. Suggest you first check a few parts sellers' on-line catalogs and if they sell it then search the car for its location.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

The intermittant relay is behind the cluster.

Reply to
Karl

Thanks,

I'll poke around back there and see what I can find.

Rochelle

Karl wrote:

Reply to
R & K